Flegg Projects is a leading transport and machinery installation company, providing services predominantly across the UK & Ireland. We have been delivering first-class customer service for over 40 years.
Our team of dedicated staff play a vital role, providing an exceptional level of service to our customers, to ensure professional storage, handling, and installation of their equipment.
We are looking for hardworking, self-motivated, and enthusiastic people to join our expanding team in our Aylesbury headquarters and are currently welcoming applications for a Compliance, Quality and H&S Manager.
We are looking for an experienced Compliance, Quality and H&S Manager to join our dynamic, hardworking, and friendly team. Reporting to the Operations Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of Compliance, Quality and Health & Safety across the company.
- Compliance management across the company, to include ensuring the company adheres to the requirements of the accreditations currently in place (ISO 9001, Safe Contractors).
- Conducting internal audits to collate all information, policies and procedures to deliver on accrediting audits for ISO and Safe Contractors.
- Act as the SHEQ Officer for the company, owning the H&S and Environmental policies and ensuring compliance with current legislation.
- Create RAMS (Risk Assessments and Method Statements) and Lift Plans.
- Develop, monitor and maintain company-wide standard operating procedures (SOPs) to support operational requirements and ensure the company complies with legal and regulatory regulations.
- Act as First Aid Officer across the company, to ensure company policy and procedures comply with legal and regulatory regulations.
- Act as Fire Officer for the company, ensuring company policy and procedures comply with legal and regulatory regulations.
- Monitor compliance of Approved Suppliers, to ensure they meet the company’s standards.
- Develop and maintain a company risk register to document all risks and controls. Carry out risk and COSHH assessments for all operational areas in the company.
- Conduct thorough investigations into incidents recording roots causes and recommending corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Maintain an up-to-date register of all Lifting Tackle for the company and coordinate tackle inspections in accordance with schedule.
- Act as PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) coordinator for the company, maintaining a record of equipment issued and procuring new equipment as required.
- Liaise with other company departments, to communicate all requirements, to ensure compliance, quality and H&S.
Special Requirements/Ideal candidate
- Must be experienced in Compliance, Quality and H&S required (essential).
- Experience in creating RAMS and Lift plans.
- ISO internal auditor preferred.
- IOSH qualified preferred.
- Ideally be qualified as an Appointed Person.
- Excellent internal departmental communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent customer communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good time management with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Full driving license and own transport.
- Working hours Monday to Thursday 8am-6pm, Fridays 8am-4pm with one hour for lunch.
- Salary £33-35k dependent on experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in Compliance, Quality and H&S.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
- Pension plan.
- Start date: ASAP.
To apply please send your CV to Philly Shortt: Philly.firstname.lastname@example.org